Cazizo provides information about residential real estate listed for lease, rental or sale (“Listings”). Our users include persons seeking to obtain information about Listings and contact agents or brokers about Listings. We also provide a portal used by Professional account holders to post Listings, access and manage their accounts and Listings, and access certain additional Services.
As with other Internet services, our web servers gather information automatically each time your browser or device interacts with the Website, and store that information in “log files.” The information stored in our web servers’ log files includes Personal Data, Usage Data and Tracking Data, and that we describe more fully below.
- “Compliance Purposes” means use of data to (a) comply with applicable law and legal process, including to respond to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court, government agency, or law enforcement); (b) enforce our Terms of Service; (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website, Services or the like; (d) protect our operations or those of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, property, privacy, safety, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- “Other Tracking Technologies” means technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and scripts, that are used to track usage and performance.
- “Personal Data” means information about an individual that can (either alone or in combination with other information) be used to identify that individual. Personal Data includes your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. It also includes any information that we have associated with your Personal Data. Personal Data does not include information that has been de-identified, anonymized or aggregated in a manner that prevents identification of an individual. If you access the Website from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, we use a different definition of Personal Data, which means a variety of data that identifies or can identify a particular unique user or device (e.g., names, addresses, cookie identifiers, mobile device identifiers, precise location data and biometric data). For visitors who access the Website from the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, elements of Usage Data and Tracking Data – such as a visitor’s full Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the information that we associate with a unique identifier (like a cookie or other tracking technology) – are Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- “Sensitive Information” means social security numbers, detailed financial information, health information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- “Service Providers” means third-party service providers who provide services and functionality to our Services and Website, such as hosting, data analysis, IT infrastructure, IT services, customer service, email delivery, payment processing, billing and collections, data enhancement, order fulfillment, auditing, security, fraud, and other services.
- “Tracking Data” means information collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies that we use to keep track of visitor activity on the Website.
- “Usage Data” means the information that your browser sends to Cazizo’s servers when you visit the Website or use the Services.
- Information Collected by the Services.
- Personal Data
- Personal Data Collection. The Services collect Personal Data from you when you (a) Request information about Listings or Services; (b) Register for Services or other communications; or (c) Access your account. We may combine Personal Data that you submit on or through the Website with information that we collect from and about you from other sources, offline and online. Cazizo does not intend to collect Sensitive Information and requests that you please not disclose any Sensitive Information through the Services.
- How We May Use Personal Data. We may use the Personal Data that you provide on the Website: (a) to provide the Services that you request; (b) to send you administrative information, including information regarding changes to our terms, conditions and policies; (c) to personalize your experience; (d) to send you messages that you request; (e) to target you to receive ads and other marketing messages from us or our advertisers; (f) for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, improving the Services, and identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our marketing; (g) as we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes; (h) for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.
- When We May Disclose Personal Data. The Personal Data that you provide may be disclosed: (a) to Service Providers to enable them to provide services, provided, they will have access to your Personal Data only to perform tasks on our behalf; (b) when requested by you, such as to the provider of a Listing in connection with your request for information about such Listing; (c) as we believe appropriate for Compliance Purposes; (d) or to a third party to which we have transferred our business, assets or stock if Cazizo is involved in a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of some or all of our business, assets or stock, including during due diligence related to any such transaction (and also including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Usage Data and Tracking Data
- Type. The Usage Data and Tracking Data collected by the Services may include: (a) information collected through Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies; (b) browser type and version; (c) Internet Protocol (IP) address; (d) device information including type, unique ID, operating system, and diagnostic data; (e) information about how you interact with the Services, such as the date and time of your visit, the pages that you visit, and the time spent on those pages; and (f) other aggregated information.
- Collection. Usage Data and Tracking Data are collected by the Services:
- When your browser or device sends it. Standard information is sent by most browsers. This information includes your device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version.
- When you volunteer it. You may volunteer demographic information, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication.
- Through activity reports. Information about how you interact with the Services is collected with every visit, and is used to determine usage levels, diagnose server problems, and operate and maintain the Services.
- By aggregating information. We may, but are not obligated to, aggregate, anonymize, pseudonymize or de-identify information collected by the Services.
- Use and Disclosure. We may use and disclose Usage Data and Tracking Data collected by the Services for any purpose permitted by applicable law. If we are required by law to treat any element of Usage Data or Tracking Data as Personal Data, then we will handle those elements as Personal Data. If we combine any Usage Data or Tracking Data with Personal Data, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
- Your Choices and Rights.
- Access to Personal Data. If you would like to access, change, delete or correct the Personal Data that you have previously provided, contact us by emailing us at Support@cazizo.com. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If you have requested that some Personal Data be deleted, note that we may need to retain some of the information for backup or Compliance Purposes. In addition, there could remain residual traces of the deleted Personal Data in our databases and other records. We are not responsible for changing or deleting information from the databases of third parties that have previously accessed your information.
- Opt out. You may opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from us by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided in the message. If you opt out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you. You cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages.
- Deleting Your Account. You may delete your account at any time through your account dashboard or by contacting us at Support@cazizo.com. We may retain and use your Personal Data after deletion of your account for backup or Compliance Purposes, our business purposes or in connection with other legitimate uses thereof.
- Third Parties.
- Service Providers. We use Service Providers to provide services and functionality for the Website and other Services. These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data in order to perform tasks on our behalf (e.g., to send you information that you request or that we believe is of interest to you).
- Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies to advertise to you. We allow these Service Providers to use their tracking technologies on the Website so that we can target ads to you when you are elsewhere on the Internet. This process is sometimes referred to as interest-based advertising or online behavioral advertising. If you want more information about these third-party advertising companies, or if you wish to opt out of this type of advertising, please visit the ad industry choice mechanism at www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Transfer of Information. Cazizo is headquartered in the United States and may store and process Personal Data in the United States or elsewhere. As Cazizo works with global companies and technologies, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be intra-group or to third parties that we work with who are likely located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
- Visitors from the EEA, Switzerland or the UK.
- For visitors who access the Website from the EEA, Switzerland, or the UK, we process your Personal Data for the purposes set out herein on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- You provided your consent;
- It is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
- The processing is in our or a relevant data controllers’ legitimate interest, for instance, where we use data to protect the security and integrity of our systems and to provide services or other benefits.
- If you are located in the EEA, Switzerland or the UK please be advised that we may transfer Personal Data outside of the foregoing jurisdictions and will take steps to make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data.
- If you are in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority as to our processing of data. However, we hope that you will first consult with us, so that we may work with you to resolve any complaint or concern you might have.
- Other Information
- Data Security. Cazizo employs security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected by the Services. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Children’s Privacy. The Services are not targeted to anyone under the age of 13 (a “Child”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Cazizo, LLCLast Revised: February 14, 2019
1732 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10128